Six thing learned in six days
1. There is a big difference in doing something because you want to and doing something because you have to.
2. There is a nearly equal difference between Johnny Walker Red and Macallan 18.
3. Some people are just assholes and losers. Time taken to remind them of both attributes is time well-spent.
4. Farm-raised sea bass is not always the same thing as Chilean sea bass. Also, cous cous is sometimes the size of a peppercorn.
5. You might not think honey and coconut milk would be part of a good meal, especially when combined. You’d be wrong.
6. When you hear your kid talk about the size of his excretions and it makes you a little misty, it’s time to go home to the family.
I’m headed back to the fort in about 14 hours. It’s been a good and revealing six days of solitude. For those who have asked…
a) No, I’m not converting to Scientology
b) No, I’m not yet gay
c) No, my wife has not yet figured out how smart it would be to divorce me.
All is well and getting better every day.