Dos redux

1. Pauly says:

Happy blessings!

2. Predator314 says:

Otis, another awesome post.

It makes me smile that there are still good responsible parents in this world. Your family and stories such as this help me keep my faith in humanity.

3. The Wife says:

Having been one of the fortunate ones for whom planned children happen nearly exactly when planned (we can narrow #1 down to a 12 hour window), I can appreciate your good fortune. And feel for those who don’t have the same. If there were a way I could gift my fertility without actually having another baby, I would package it up and ship it right now . . .

Take care of your girl, and may your son stay as excited about his new sibling as he is now . . . when I watch our two play, I am reminded of what a good choice it was.

Congratulations, again.

Both times I was looking forward to plenty of “practice” only to put the biscuit in the basket on the first try both times.

Good luck on the next six months 🙂

5. Bam-Bam says:

A little late to the party I know but, congatulations and all of our best wishes.

6. pokerpeaker says:

Your boy will be fine because he has parents totally in tune with him. Jayden was GREAT with the girls, and twins, no less, and I think that’s partly because we made it clear he was not being replaced. At least I’d like to think so. We still spend Fridays together. Two is a lot harder than one (so is three, natch), but it many ways it’s also more fun. Good luck.

7. Uncle Ted says:

The non-breeders of the world actually appreciate hearing about it (especially the way you write).

Some of us might even be a little envious.

I couldn’t be happier to be an Uncle again.

8. Da Goddess says:

Just wait until the day The Boy walks over to Mrs Otis and announces the baby will be a boy (or a girl), offers up a name, and then decides he needs to start sorting toys because some will be okay to share and others aren’t.

My daughter, who was 3 when Little Dude was brewing inside me, put her hand on my belly and said, “you’re having a boy. His name is Andrew.” She then cleaned her entire room and produced a small pile of stuffed animals and plastic books that were, indeed, baby-safe.

While we didn’t name LD “Andrew”, we did consider it for a time. It was nixed after we decided too many people would think the ex’s friend Andrew would have had a part in the creation (plus, he blushed and stammered and begged us not to). Thus we went for the Robert Urich character name that our car salesman heartily agreed was good (because that was his son’s name as well).

Long story longer, I’m really happy for you. Two is definitely more interesting. And hopefully you won’t have any “pillow” incidents.

9. JC says:

Fun times. We just had our second, a boy, at the beginning of September. Our daughter is almost three, and absolutely loves her little brother. She was adamant that his name should be Tiger, Asher seemed to work out just as well.

Those ‘3D shots are amazing.

Best of luck.

10. Aaron says:

Congrats again. It was great to see you guys at Homecoming this year. The question still remains, do you need to buy new baby clothes or not?

11. emme says:

just catching up on your blog and was happy to find this good news
    Congratulations!

1. December 28, 2008

[…] So, yeah, the wife is all knocked up again. This only makes the second (and final!) time. We’re calling the kid Dos for now. After a December 31 ultrasound, we’ll settle on a proper name. Read about how we told our first son in Dos Redux. […]