Groundhog day preview

1. Little Willie says:

Rock on, brother. I remember it like it was yesterday. Add in a late-night game of Monopoly or Risk with Gary and Alex and the day would be complete. Damn, life was easy then. I guess it still could be now, huh?

2. G-Rob says:

I haven’t played RISK in 20 years…or actually more…that sounds like fun!

3. Sarah V says:

I remeber lots of good times in your house as a child. It seems like a lot of the “great” things from my childhood involve your family, and the Casteels, from music parties with JB singing about a hole in daddy’s arm to pool parties your house was always a ton of fun.

4. Skip says:

Absolutely brilliant. Loved it, as if it had sprung from my own memory banks.

That first bit of cool breeze that escorted a deep breath of the freshest air that ever existed. That ranks right up there with the best.

6. MGM says:

I always thought you had a pretty perfect life. After all, your mom cooked you breakfast every morning before you trotted off to high school. I remember deeply envying that and thinking that you had no idea….

7. Su says:

Loved this post! Brought back some of my best Missouri summer memories. I miss those storms. We don’t get them like that out here in the west. Houses out here also don’t have attic fans. Miss the sound of the attic fan!