Friday Mental Massage: The hits keep on coming edition

1. StB says:

Water heater in the garage??? Interesting set up down south. Do you not have a basement?

No basement in this house, no. But, really, rarely gets cold enough here for the garage to be a problem.

3. Bam-Bam says:

I’ll assume that worlwide sales is the catalyst that determines a one hit wonder?

‘Cause I have issues with saying W.O.V. is a one hit wonder? Mexican Radio got quite a bit of play around these parts, but to truly be a W.O.V. fan up here, you had to see them perform Ring of Fire.

Tomorrow was also quite popular on local stations.

But other than that, totally agree with the list.
    (Ram Jam still baffles me to this day)

$0.02 added from the North.

🙂

4. Mental massages are overated. If you really want to de-stress, the moment your water heater is installed, get a real massage!

🙂

5. Random101 says:

About a month ago, I spent $1000 to get a water heater installed under my house in the crawl space. That included a $200 extra charge for the crawl space install. I now feel slightly less raped.

6. Jim The Knife says:

Re: Water Heater. Mine is in garage also. No basement.
    It’s 10 yrs old and experts say it will NOT be long for this world.
    I’m going to put in a “TANKLESS” gas water heater to replace my tank.

It’s too late for you, but this option is a few hundred extra…..
    but “instant” hot water ALL THE TIME.

7. The Wife says:

You got a bargain on the water heater either way – ours died this year too and was more . . .

And you can totally tell Stb is from Wisconsin . . . I too was under the assumption as a naive farm girl that all houses had basements until we tried to build one on the rock in San Antonio.

Enjoy Mastadon weekend and make sure my husband comes home . . . wish I could join you all.

PS: I secretly love “Mexican Radio”

8. OhCaptain says:

Having grown up in Minnesota, I too assumed that all homes were built with basements until my wife took me to visit family in Virginia. Plumbing and natural gas are two things I too leave to the professionals.

OK, I see there is some disagreement with my assertion. While I too am a fan of Ram Jam, Brewer & Shipley and Sammy John; much like Mott the Hoople, I found them to be a bit too similar to many of the big bands of the era. Often easily confused as being songs by other groups or artists. But they are definitely songs that never got annoying.

Bow Wow Wow – I want candy, I really liked this song and would put it in my top five…but it can’t unseat Fantasy.

WoV – Mexican Radio was ruined for me by people in this area constantly mixing it with the Flying Lizard’s Money (That’s what I want) – a truly annoying song.

The sound of Fantasy was unlike any thing of that era. It was also really popular when I was in Junior High making my memories of that song have a lot to do with discovering that girls were interesting. Hormones have powerful influences.

9. Jay Ferguson’s “Thunder Island” is much less annoying than Aldo Nova, too. In fact, it rocks. Sha-la-la-la-la-la muh lay-dee….

(“Shakedown Cruise” might eliminate him from one-hit-wonder status, tho’.)

10. Wes says:

Please remove Thin Lizzy from list. They may have only one song that is heard on every single classic rock station every single day, but they have numerous others that are played quite regularly. They also had a distinguished career and in no way should qualify to be placed on any such list.

Oh yeah, Black Betty for the win.