The Argentina gamble

1. Jo says:

I like your odds. Good luck with the new little one. Are you taking bets on the birth weight?

FWIW – I went to Airborne school when The Wife was pregnant with son #1. My parents had no problems letting me know I was being an idiot.

Your gamble seems far more reasonable.

You are getting your money in right!

4. emme says:

You have your folks and her sister there? Yikes! That would upset me more than being home without my hubby. When my first was born, my mom said she would be coming out to see us. Well that turned into her and my dad. And that turned into her, my dad, and my sister. And that turned into her , my dad, and my two sisters. They arrived moments after I got home. It was hell I tell you! I had to get beds together for their stay and get the house cleaned up. I felt like I had to entertain and all I really wanted was to be left alone with my new baby. And they stayed two weeks.

Needless to say, I drew the line when I had my second. It was lovely to have that first week alone with the new baby.

emme

5. Da Goddess says:

Dude, if I lived closer, I’d check in on her every single day for you. I’ve birthed two of my own and assisted with more than I can count. I even know what to do with those babies after they’re born.

Consider this a pitch for you to move to San Diego. I’ll wifesit while you travel. And then I’ll take so many photos to email you, it’ll feel like you’ve never left home.

6. The Wife says:

You know, I’m a little late reading . . . and my first thought was “well, at least you didn’t decide to go to Airborne school and jump out of planes when your wife was pregnant.” I guess the Dr. beat me to that one . . .