Robert Paul Stephens cold case comes to end

1. Doug Ross says:

Great story! Very well written. Hope you are doing well. Miss your reporting on 4!

2. Tammie McGoldrick says:

Wow – great story.

3. Jay Murdock says:

Reminds me of the night I went to cover a train-vs-pedestrian out near Greer and Sara tagged along. While I was up shooting, a woman appeared and told Sara she was looking for her adult son, who often walked along the tracks to get home from work.

Sara called to me, and I knocked on the window of a parked state trooper’s car and told him the woman’s story.

Never found out for sure if it was him, but I’ve always been pretty sure.

4. Da Goddess says:

Justice done slow is still justice done.

5. Tammy says:

Thank you for writing this story i did not think any one remembered that day except for my family i am the female that called you and yes it was my brother Paul whos body had been found that day June 30th of 1999 and now almost ten years later we finally have closure,The last ten years was a living hell

6. Boon says:

My family and i always thought that Frances was the person who committed this awful crime or at least had a hand in it. Frances Moore is my great aunt. My grandmother was the oldest in the family and Frances was the youngest. I never personally met Paul, but i knew his son Skyler. Me and Skyler were pretty close a while back. i can only imagine knowing the fact that your own grandmother killed your father. and to think Frances used to babysit me for my parents when i was young way back in the early nineties. Skyler i wish you the best.

7. skyler says:

well nice story and boon idk who u r but if the world wants to know the real story ask the anderson county for proof of the murder my grandmother had a resipet showing where she was at the time and garvin had a alliby if u ever see someone tht thinks they are really guilty ask them y and remind them tht anderson county only had confindental evidence for those of u tht do not know wat tht means it is (here say) where one person “says” to another she killed paul thts all no proof no evidence no witnesses no fingure prints just here say i know more about this case than the weirdo writing this story or “boon” who ever you are. for those of you. think about what i said and if u agree let the world kno tht thats wat u think bc yes he was my father and for me to still think no wait i know there not guilty and the day will come when there proven not guilty till then boon and the author of the story will find the truth till then god bless

8. skyler says:

and that goes for you as well tammy.

9. Jason Rivera says:

Cold Case looks like CSI just like anyother detective tv series~:;

10. Bob Stephens says:

let god be with the family im so glad that they got closure

Today is September 14th 2011 one day after my 64th birthday, I am seeing these comments for the 1st time, I am Paul’s Father and Tammy is my Daughter, Skyler is my grandson but does not claim me due to the situation with his grandmother and Garvin. They say they are not guilty but I don’t see them trying to find anything to the contrary so as I felt when the guilty verdit came back late that night Francis Moore & Garvin Duvall murderd my son Robert Paul Stephens, why I will tell you why, Paauls wanted out of the situation + he wanted his son and Francis was not going to allow that to happen. There is much more to this story than Skyler can ever know, he was just a little boy when his father was take away from him. In closing just ask your self why did they burn the car, because another person was in car with Paul the day he was murdered. Burnt car gives noi DNA they actually meant to burn the car with Paul in it but the both of them could not put him back into the car. So Skyler, Debbie, Nathan if you think you people are innocent then do something to find the real killer and I will be the 1st to admit I was wrond, until then Francis & Garvin is guilty of the murder of Rober Paul Stephens, MAY HE REST IN PEACE I LOVE YOU SON

11. jessica says:

I couldnt imagine the pain this family went through. Im so glad that they got justice. If you ask me there seems to be alot missin in this story. I dont know personally but things are left out it seems.To Skyler im so sorry for your loss sweetie i have 4 kids and they dont have there father eather. I really wish you the best honey my thoughts and prayer is forever with you and ALL the family. GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU NEVER FORGET. And the people who did this will and are payin for it forever. To the family im so sorry for you guys loss and i wish all of you the best.. forever more.