Bands of brothers

1. Bam-Bam says:

Trust that you can still mold him.
    Believe in your parenting abilities.
    Ah hell…. if all else fails,
    maybe give BadBlood a shot? I can just see it.

“Well Brother bands, brother bands, let’s see….

Sepultura, Pantera, Van Halen ….”

OK nix that.
    Get off the “brothers in the name thing” and maybe introduce him to The Kings of Leon. Hey! A triple threat of brothers at that!

🙂

2. Katitude says:

LMAO….let it go. he’ll figure it out for himself that pop boy bands are vile, stupid things.

Even teenage girls figure that out eventually.

3. John Boyanoski says:

Confused about the dead meerkat part, but the rest was brilliant about brothers and music.

4. Average White Boy says:

Don’t forget the Winters (John & Edgar) and the Vaughns (Jimmy & Stevie Ray).

5. Average White Boy says:

The “Jonas Bros.” episode on South Park had me howling.

Thanks, all.

(BTW, John, if it wasn’t clear, the dead meerkat was a scene on the AP show Meerkat Manor which the boy was watching just before the channel got changed to Disney)

7. Lee Jones says:

You know, Brad, I wouldn’t worry too much. He kinda has to go through the Jonas Brothers. I went through the Monkees (and let’s recall they had people like Neil Diamond and Carole King writing their songs), but as soon as I found Steppenwolf and Cream, the Monkees fell off the play list. Uno will forget about the Jonas Brothers, but the forefinger and pinkie will always shoot for the sky when AC%DC or the Isley Brothers come on. Then you can silently do the parenting victory dance in the front seat.

Regards, Lee

8. T says:

I just dropped a C on Taylor Swift tickets. Rock On!

9. franky5angel says:

Raya loves Shawn of the Dead, tattoos, Star Trek, biking, Obama, art, school, swimming, and Hannah Montana. Almost well rounded.

Kat is putting you on.

She knows Otis and the Willis Brothers are way beyond lounge material.

Admit it Kat…Heartbreakers…

P.S. Damn nice tribute too.

!!!Chiquita!!!

11. Tammie McGoldrick says:

I think “Lee Jones” said it best. He’ll grow out of this. I too was a Monkees fan – until I heard real rock and roll and the Monkees became a distant, embarrassing memory. So time will correct this paradigm shift. It’s in his blood afterall.

I give the purity ring thing 6 more months. Star or US magazine will have the exclusive.

13. flopped da joint says:

my 12 year old daughter’s fav bands are :the police, the cure,new order and pretty much anything from the early to mid 80’s. thank god i got to her early.

14. Da Goddess says:

Austin City Limits IS the coolest new show for kids. Seriously. I tape it for my son and he eats it up. He also devours everything I set in front of him from blues to punk and back again. He rarely comes up with something weird, but if he does, I patiently wait it out as I know another good some will easily turn his head from the pop that temporarily blinded him.

I’m totally cuing up some tunes to send to you via Box.net, Otis. Not for you. But for your son.

15. emme says:

Otis- Yikes! It’s time for some remedial action. I like DaGoddess’s advice. Replace the graven Disney images with the true Rock (and BG etc) gods.

Time’s a wasting, man.

PS- What’s with all the hating on the Monkees? I know some of you laughed at their TV show and still know all the words to Pleasant Valley Sunday.

1. September 2, 2009

[…] you read Bands of Brothers, you know this has been on my heart for a few months. Something, obviously, had to be […]