Friday Mental Massage: Blind items

1. StB says:

Once again you are spot on about the politics. Our representatives may go home and listen to their contituents but in the end, they bow to the people in charge of the parties, ignoring the citizens they represent, just to stay in good favor to get the money and support when re-election comes around.

2. Matt V says:

I was impressed when both parties came together in congress and in the true spirit of bipartisanship ordered up 3 Gulfstream G550s, at $65m a pop, so they won’t have to fly commercial.

3. CJ says:

Please, please, please tell me you don’t buy into this lefty, Olbermann-ish myth that when conservatives get fired up at town hall meetings it’s calculated and manufactured and fake…

If there’s one thing we’ve learned it’s that this White House is no different despite the claims of “Change.” We know that if you disagree with the White House it’s because you’re paid off to do so. There is no honest disagreement with Barack Obama. Only lobbyist-supported faux outrage.

Um… hope and change… I hardly knew ye.

Ceej–read it again…I’m not saying they are not right to be fired up, or that they don’t have the right. I’m saying that when they boo and freak out at being told Glenn Beck may not be their best example, they lose their minds. That’s the kind of blind following that makes decent conservatives look bad.

5. Grumpy says:

Whether Glenn Beck, Rush, Hannity or any of the flock of others (liberal or conservative)is “the best example” or not, fact is for the first time I can remember the “average” person (yes probably conservative) is going out and making their voice heard – Tea Party, Town Hall, etc – because they are tired of the constitution being trampled on, and Americans rights being taken away. The Cindy Sheehans, Black Panthers, Acorns, Rainbow coalition has done it for years and anyone that takes a stand against them gets humiliated, called unpatriotic, etc – now show is on the other foot

Obviously I am conservative, but you are right, its BOTH parties, and its a game, and what they win is control, and what you lose is RIGHTS. Until the PROCESS is changed, dont expect anything to change, only the figureheads

6. G-Rob says:

Hey CJ, I don’t think there was any point in this post in which the author said those nitwits were PAID to protest or had any other motivation than plain old-fashioned stupidity.

Glen Beck is harmless.
    People who take Glen Beck seriously are dangerously stupid.

7. AmyC says:

It’s not just the Gawkers. Although I envision a day when we’re down to one lonely overworked AP writer who slaves over a story every day while 250,000 Gawkers and repackagers wait for him to finish.

I’m so old that I remember when CNN was a reputable news site. Now half their programming is people sitting around reporting, “Shirley in Arkansas tweets…” and I have an email from John in Poughkeepsie who writes…”

I still have NPR and The New Yorker…but for how long?

8. Ten Mile says:

Slightly off topic, but related. Greatly.