Slower down the mountain

1. G-Rob says:

I voted for Palin.

I will admit to joining G-Rob. It wasn’t with great gusto but the ticket has two parts. The Biden didn’t add a lot to the other ticket. I’d call it a wash.

You’re raising two young people. Maybe global warming will impact their lives. Another impact may as well be the crushing debt we’re headed toward. Worst evil? I don’t know and neither do the climate crowd.

I do know that Obama’s Cap N Trade program will even impact an aged me if it happens. The battle in Copenhagen was for US $$$ for underdeveloped countries — like China??? Amusing that.

I could go on but won’t change anyone’s mind. Have a good one!

3. Chilly says:

I have been trying to put a finger on why I have such a negative visceral feeling every time I see that woman. I think I’ll spend some time in your tubes working it out.

I’m sure she’d be a real hoot to get a drink with. But even with that she isn’t that bright, you know, in a book learnin’ sense. She isn’t a nimble speaker. Her ideology is stodgy and repressed. But it’s really more than that, as I just described 3/4 of Congress. She is a shameless self promoter in the worst possible way. She’s a hypocrite (the abstinence one really sticks in my craw). She wielded her power in the most egregious manner whilst mayor and governess. Mostly though its the holding out her family for political gain and lambasting anyone that dare call them into question. They are either in or out, but cannot straddle.

I think it boils down to my gut says “evil” and I have to go with my gut. My gut also says feed me from time to time. If you’ve seen me, you know I don’t disobey the gut.

4. CJ says:

KenP: G-Rob was kidding. He’s got “I Love Obama” tatooed on his ass.

Otis: Really? A Sarah Palin riff? I can’t believe you fell into the trap. Oh… and a study released today says Scoop is worse for the environment than an SUV.

CJ–There was a Palin trap? I’m trapped and I don’t even know it?

6. CJ says:

Otis: Who do you know that says Palin is their woman? I guess I’m just so amused at all of the Obama fans out there who can’t help but write/talk about Sarah Palin.

7. The Wife says:

I’m just glad you caught the “ions” thing . . . I’m a totally spelling snob, and that one kicked her down the totem pole . . .

It’s probably a “mute” point . . . 🙂

You got any room in that Idaho cabin for a disenfranchised conservative? I can sleep under the porch…

9. Aaron says:

I’m going to start of by saying I am relatively conservative, but think Palin is an idiot. Second, I would love to see a decentralized solar/wind power grid on every persons house with nuclear/natrual gas central back up grid for security, fiscal, and environmental reasons. However, I think it was Tina Faye and not Palin that mentioned seeing Russia from her house. Funny as hell, but not a part of the down home Palin charm.

Aaron…’twas close. Direct quote:

“They’re our next-door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska”

And you’re a credit to conservatives, but I think you already knew I thought that.

11. StB says:

To an extent, it looks to me like you are confusing pollution with supposed climate change. Smog in L.A. is pollution, something that conservatives agree should be lowered. I am a skeptic of global warming. The earth has been through many warming and cooling periods beyon what man has recorded. Our existence on this rock is minimal in its history.. Selfish, but minimal.

12. Aaron says:

Well I stand corrected. If she is on the ticket next time I may have to support the libertarian party. What the hell, small government and pot for all.

StB–not confusing the two, really. Just thought it was funny she said man can’t overpower nature. I’m not 100% sold on climate change either, but I am a big believer in doing all we can to avoid the potential reality by making sure we are as responsible as possible with how we treat the earth.

14. MGM says:

I don’t understand why people call Palin a hypocrite for supporting abstinence. So her daughter got knocked up. I don’t support the use of recreational drugs, but if one of my kids decides to try them out some day, I don’t think that will make me a hypocrite over the issue.

I’m not going to say anything else about Palin here, but I will point out(just in case the obvious isn’t screaming loudly enough) that being “well spoken” certainly doesn’t necessarily make a person an effective leader. And “well spoken” leaders sometimes have really inane ideas as well, they just coat them with some of that “smooth magic” to make them sound really good and slide down easier, and some “hope-filled” people lap it up before they realize what they’ve just eaten…and that what they thought they were getting wasn’t what they got at all.

Just sayin’.

15. MGM says:

Oh yeah, and I’ve lived in North Idaho and spent lots of time on the sides of deserted mountains. It’s a real dream of mine to build a cabin in the middle of nowhere and disappear from the rat race and “civilization” of this country. I’d go in a heartbeat. As time passes, it certainly looks like more and more like a reasonable choice.

16. I am a conservative. I didn’t vote for McCain/Palin or Obama/Biden – I voted for Ron Paul. I think our current administration is …, and I think Palin is a nut job.

The Cap & Trade program scares me to death, frankly much of what is going on in Washington these days scares me to death.

I too dream of a cabin in the Idaho or Montana wilderness, and you can come stay with us anytime.

17. Su says:

Just catching up on your blog- Always like to make it into one of your posts. It usually brings back some good memories. I wish we were all back up there on that mountain – skiing down. We need to get the group together again……