Spring and savory

1. change100 says:

OMG nomnomnom. If you had to substitute another fruit for peaches, what would you go with?

Change–Sub mango for the peach, just cook a little longer.

3. Grange95 says:

Your recurring “something I threw together” food posts make me hungry while reinforcing that I’m playing culinary 2/4 LHE in my kitchen. We’re both fortunate my sig other rolls his eyes at “poker blogs”, otherwise I might have get a little Joe Pesci on you.

4. BG says:

The only thing I’d swap out in that risotto is the cheese. Ricotta laced just a touch with honey, whipped together with a good solid pinch of whole milk mozz to make it melty. Otherwise, good goddamn.

BG–Great idea with the ricotta and honey. That will come in the next batch.

Grange–Is that Joe Pesci in “Goodfellas” or Joe Pesci in “Home Alone?” I’d prefer the latter, I think.

6. trodoss says:

The Cabbage sounds great but would kill me (allergic to peanuts). Maybe a little EVOO sub there, or something 😉

Watercress would be another good one to try with that kind of preparation.

trodoss–peanut oil was just to give it a more nutty flavor. If you sub EVOO, put in equal parts EVOO and sesame oil. Watercress a good idea, too.

8. The Wife says:

Your wife gave you sexy eyes because you cooked . . . if my husband cooked anything of substance on a regular basis, you have no idea the kind of eyes I’d give him!