Our new girl

We spent nearly three months walking around a quiet house. We spent three months with no reason to make sure we didn’t leave a box of crackers unattended. We spent three months without seeing our sons smile because a furry little creature was doing something funny. It was about three months too long. I miss my old girl a lot, and figure I will for some time. This one, though, she seems to fit right in around here. I guess we’ll keep her.

Yellow lab puppy at 7 weeks

Our new puppy

1. Absinthe says:

Dear Otis: Lovely dog. Appallingly cute. Try not to bury the fucking lede outside of the actual story, though, right? Dog needs a goddamned NAME. Those personalized embroidered dog beds are not going to personally embroider themselves.

2. G-Rob says:

Sorry about the omission. The dog’s name is Dibby. It’s like “Debbie” with an “I”.

The dog’s name is most certainly, under no circumstances, and forever not Dibbie. However, her name won’t be published here.

Always been a Lab person. Other descriptions haven’t been as kind.

I have Clancy IV. I always figured the dog would be easier to train than I am.

Get lots of chew toys. LOTS! Labs are chewers. And they are exuberant for the first years like no other. She will tire the boy out and look for the next sucker.

The only negative is the shedding. Labs shed a lot. And female dogs shed twice to the male’s once.

Oh, if she isn’t adjusting at night, get a cardboard box she can’t easily climb out of. Throw some old towels in. Put it by the bed and use your hand to represent a warm litter mate. It is the easiest solution to acclimate.

6. The Wife says:

OMG . . . she is so cute I could just bite her.

We’re contemplating a new one to prepare the transition . . . our doggy is 12.

I’m a fan of the crate training. And if you don’t want to spend the night with your hand by the dog as a litter mate, we used to use stuffed animals. As a kid our dog Bubba had a little stuffed dog named “Oatmeal” that he slept with.

7. Gorby says:

I am happy for you and the family, Otis. She is adorable.

8. of the many dog breeds that we have, my personal favorite is the bull terrier coz they are really cute ~”,