Four fathers

1. Betty says:

I didn’t cry … until I read it a second time. Pure gold. Purefuckinggold.

2. The Wife says:

Unlike Betty, I did cry. Both the first and the second time. Very touching.

3. Gracie says:

Thank you.

4. Jennifer says:

There have been so many times I have read your blog and thought, “There’s no way Brad can top this one”, yet, you always seem to. You, my friend, have the BEST blog around. I can come here one day and laugh until it hurts and sob like a baby the next. Happy Holidays to you and your awesome family.

5. BadBlood says:

Right in the Otis wheelhouse.

6. Daddy says:

So good.

7. What a truly amazing story. I am deeply moved by the generosity of Michael. I can’t find the words to express the feeling I got reading your story. Just truly amazing and moving. Thanks for sharing and I know I will be thinking of these four dads on Christmas day.

8. SCSue says:

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family. Thanks for seeing the world the way you do, and giving us a peek.

9. Timmy says:

Great one, Otis!

10. Ruth says:

Damn if you don’t make me cry. Beautiful way to capture a moment that most people would have ignored, but you penned it down and brought it the significance it deserved. Too many great lines to mention. Hope you are having a great holiday with the family. If you’re free, you should stop by the house with Michelle and the boys.

11. Michelle says:

Upon reading this to a friend I was asked, “Why isn’t his work published?” I agree.
    Your writing is SO well done and so touching. Thank you for sharing your talent with the world.

12. Cousin Junior says:

omg cousin you really can write that hit me like a ton of bricks i cried just thinking about those fathers headed home to see their kids not knowing what to expect love you cousin very very nice work…

13. Joe says:

I started to read this yesterday but moved on b/c I didn’t have time (I was chasing two little boys). I’m glad I waited. It was worth taking the time to read. You have a great talent for painting images with the perfect words. Merry Christmas!

Thanks, all. Your praise is really gratifying. Happy holidays to you and yours.

I felt like I was sitting in 4A. You rocked this post. Thank YOU.

16. Bryan Polcyn says:

You don’t just tell good stories, Brad. You see things others simply can’t. Merry Christmas to you, Michelle and the kids.

17. Bam-Bam says:

It took me awhile to come up with the right words and then, even after all the searching, all I can do is agree with BadBlood.

Thanks Otis.
    Thanks for making me think.
    I do love that about you.

1. December 31, 2010