In search of a married man

1. Jay says:

Amusingly, my coworker lost his ring a week or so back, but he’s been nowhere near South Carolina.

2. BadBlood says:

I’m the idiot who wanted platinum so that it would be expensive enough not to ever lose.

3. Jordan says:

I lost my wedding ring once on a guy’s weekend in Atlantic City. I had removed it for a poker tournament, so it wouldn’t be obvious that I was a married responsible guy (I dress like a bum when I play). I put it in my wallet in a zip-up pouch, but after the tournament, it wasn’t there. I guess it fell out. The next day, I won a tournament for a little over $1,300. I called my wife to tell her the news about winning the tournament…to pay for my new ring! I’m a lucky guy that the wife didn’t question it at all. She was surprisingly cool about it, but most wives would question losing a wedding ring on a guy’s weekend in a gambling vice den like AC.
    A few weeks ago, I was riding in a cab with the wife. When we got out, I looked back into the cab to see if I left anything. There sat my current ring! It must’ve fell off during the ride, which is odd, but thank god I looked. Another close call averted!

4. Wolfshead says:

Interesting attitude on the ring. I’m not a jewelry wearerby any means. I wore a cross that I received as a school kid around my neck for years and I usually wear a watch but rings and such were always short time accoutremonts when i was getting dressed up so the wedding band was when I got married was something I needed to get usd to which I finally did. A couple years later, when my wife filed for divorce I took the ring off my hand and slid it on a chain around my neck saying I would remove it completely when things became final. Well they were finalized about a year later but somehow the ring never came off. I wore that ring around my neck longer than I did on my finger and it probably would still be there if they hadn’t had to take it off for the CAT scans when I had my stroke. Now that it’s off it sits in my jewelry box on my dresser still on the chain. Why I never took it completely off I don’t know, hell my ex had hers on Ebay within a year and I was tempted to ask the buyer if she wanted the mate but never did. Strange the way we get attached to things

5. Astin says:

Earlier this year I got my 10-year work recognition sent to me – large piece of luggage. In the bottom of the box was man’s wedding ring. This package was in at least its 3rd city.

Still, we made the attempt to trace it back to wherever they packed the thing. 2 weeks later a thank-you card came from the owner, who was very happy to have it back on his finger.

6. gracie says:

A most amazing coincidence! I love those.

7. Joseph says:

My first wedding ring is somewhere on a beach in Kauai, Hawaii. Had it all of 5 days.

Or… some guy lost the ring while his pregnant wife HAD to have a double beef and cheedar from Arby’s and the ring fell off while making sure they got the extra order of curly fries with Arby Sauce. It was found after the snow cleared and picked up in a pawne shop by a seven-fingered poker player who needed cheap jewelry at the table.

He then drove to G-Vegas to play in The Mark’s home game and lost the band after losing his car trying to bluff G-Rob off top pair in PLO while walking to the bank for more cash.

If there’s a “DJA” inscribed in the band, I’ll pick it up in two weeks as mine has been missing for seven years 🙂

9. Jim says:

I lost mine on a rugby tour to Indonesia and Thailand 5 years ago. I have never been able to explain it to my wife in a way that is acceptable to her.

1. February 25, 2011

[…] read this post by Otis just a few minutes ago and was reminded of this […]