Saturday Night Lights

1. Ricky says:

Sounds to me like you are an AWESOME Dad and you are letting your kid be a kid! Kudos to you Otis. Sports are such a pivotal part of a young mans life and I firmly believe playing youth sports has a huge effect on your mindset as an adult.

2. Ruth says:

Amazing post and amazing dad.

Well, I should leave a nice comment to encourage the reticent — one who’s admitted to light duty for a fair period.

As soon as I figure out who’s raising who, I’ll be sure to give it a go. In the meantime, keep him away from Keno crayons.

4. Lee says:

The picture *so* makes me want to see him play. To see him in the same pose, but covered in sweat and grass stains. His eyes are those of a truly predatory defensive end; it would be honor to see that kid line up opposite an offensive line. I’m sorry the season is over, too.

5. PokerLawyer says:

Oh my gosh…that kid. Wanting our kids to feel that way, to understand, and know that feeling, and to be a part of helping it come to fruition. So great, Brad. Good for him (and you!).

6. Aaaron says:

Great post Brad! way to capture sports parenthood!

7. JT says:

Another masterful story, Otis. About every other post of yours I wind up with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. The other half I find myself laughing out loud. It’s the reason I get so excited when I see in my feed that you have posted something new. Please keep up the good work and if you ever publish something more substantial, count on me to be one of the first to purchase it.