Election Day 2012: Live from America’s Couch

Interesting slant on the reduced voting not having presence. Maybe the reason for the drop is the disappointment going farther and stronger than the post of this guy:

2. CJ says:

You can draw lots of conclusions regarding turnout, but here’s my thinking. By a candidates 2nd term, you’d hope that he would have done enough to convince those who didn’t vote for him last time to vote for him this time. I’m not sure we’ll see that… and combined with less enthusiasm because the Hope & Change failed to materialize, equals a smaller margin of victory. It’s hard to argue that Romney is a better candidate than McCain. They’re both equally weak.

3. Mrs. Otis says:

I was thinking on my run just now that what’s cool about America is that no matter who wins, I will still have the same right to go cast my vote on election day. I will still have the same right to go for a run whenever and wherever I want. I was running and daydreaming and hacking out my lungs and thinking that freedom is cool. Then, it occurred to me that there are some candidates in some races in this country that want to mandate what I can do with my body. That doesn’t feel like freedom to me, and as long as I can vote, I will vote to protect those rights.

4. CJ says:

Mrs. Otis: Just curious, are you talking about abortion or other things? And, to be clear, I have absolutely NO interest in getting into an abortion debate. It’s not a big issue for me.

Otis: Our pizza arrives at about 7pm.

5. Brandon L says:

I’ve gotta say in my eight years at WYFF we had Henry’s Smokehouse on many election nights(including primaries) and even Tommy’s Ham House on a few occasions. Now of course many other times(breaking news and weather) it was cheap pizza.

6. RJ says:

The fact that D can quote Dr. King gives me faith in our future. Hat tip to mom and dad. 🙂

7. Poker Shrink says:

>8. It is unlawful in any election for a voter to: a. allow his ballot to be seen by a person…

Nevada has a similar law.

23a. No rabbit hunting the election until all polls are closed.

8. MiamiDon says:

As always, great stuff.

Tell me it’s not true that only in Kentucky and South Carolina you can’t buy booze until the polls close?

My hope is that in my lifetime we see legitimate third and fourth party candidates with actual chances to win an election and to really represent the people that vote for them.

If Drohan does not become the next 24th District Judge in Minnesota, I have lost faith in Democracy.

Clearly, I am the only voter in Minnesota who bothered to actually circle in the one person races and write-in the starting nine for the 1991 Minnesota Twins victory in Game 7 as Kirby is taking over the 5th District’s bench.

10. Jason Forman says:

I’m pretty sure you could make a lot of money basically by betting the exact opposite of whatever Dick Morris says or by putting your feet in his mouth if you are an attractive woman

11. NT says:

Another reason to vote in national elections even if your state’s electoral votes aren’t in play: the popular vote does matter. It goes to the credibility of the election.

What happens at 30 Rock if they spray paint the ice too soon and the electoral college vote goes the other way later tonight?

13. NT says:

To me it sounds like Diane Sawyer had a small stroke at some point. She is slurring some syllables, but it doesn’t sound like inebriation to me. (Reminds a little of Diane Rehm’s diction.)

14. teamscottsmith says:

Enjoyed reading this on and off all day. Thanks.

15. Poker Shrink says:

As a psychological professional I must ardently protest. Diane Sawyer is definitely not drunk. She is, however, on some really good meds!

16. Dan England says:

Colorado may just legalize pot. It’s leading right now.

17. Grange95 says:

As a gay man, I’m proud that an openly gay-supportive candidate defeated a candidate who pandered to bigots. Republicans have to reconsider the toxic alliance between fiscal & social conservatives.

18. Dan England says:

In fact, some are calling it. Wow.

19. Julius_Goat says:

FOX News = Crazy Schadenfreudelicious

20. Katkin says:

Best coverage of the day, hands down. Now I’m looking forward to the great Drohan-F-Train debates of 2016.

This is the only election coverage I followed. I apologize for the 6 or 7 times I may have yelled “blog faster, dammit!” in your general direction.

Seriously, not 1 write in vote for Blood? RIGGED!

22. CJ says:

Re: Being inspired again

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice…

23. Damien says:

Why does anyone know or care about the Sheriff’s position on abortion. It’s should be irrelevant, right?

24. Julius_Goat says:

Grange, in defense of Mr. Libertarianrepublican Dotnet, he did just have to watch this hate-filled, America-destroying monster get re-elected. Watch this and see if the hair doesn’t stand up on your head.

The horror…the horror…