Mistakes

Brad Willis · Published · Updated

1. e says:

this is a cool balance of beautiful and funny. i hope the day is full of good, happy memories.

2. Jennifer McKelvey says:

The sads came out fast and furious as I read this followed by a literal laugh out loud. Here’s to the ever evolving process of healing. Like living, it never really ends until we’re gone. The pain comes and goes in intensity, but it’s always there. Peace be with you.

3. BadBlood says:

I can only offer the following:

Your experiences with your dad have made me appreciate the ones I have with mine that much more. So for that, you have my thanks. Happy Thanksgiving.

4. Merry Cox says:

Brad – You do a great job sharing and expressing your thoughts and feelings. This is a gift – to your kids and family and to us. Thanks.

5. Stephanie Baehman says:

Thank you for this!
    It was just what I needed to read and so perfectly written. It came at a time that has been an especially hard week as I found myself crying at random times just because I missed my dad.
    I laughed so much just thinking about that song at that moment.
    Peace to you and your beautiful family.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

6. Tom Taylor says:

Beautifully written, as usual, Brad. We are also commemorating the third anniversary of my father’s death earlier in November. With my mother’s passing this summer, there have been lots of reflections of mistakes, regrets, and moving forward.

Peace to you and your family during this Thanksgiving time.

7. David Westbay says:

Beautifully written, as always, Brad. Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

8. James Barber says:

Wonderful story buddy. I know where my legend cd is as I type this. Life is so funny in how we remember things. Miss ya friend.

9. Sandra Bandelow says:

Wonderful read, Brad. Best wishes and a Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family. Miss you

10. G-Rob says:

I haven’t read this blog in a while.

It’s pretty good.

11. Great story Brad…and still, so sorry for your loss. The song mix-up reminded me of my grand-dad’s funeral. My sister and I had car trouble on the way to the funeral home, and arrived just in time to slip into the front row and hear a warbly, old-time organ rendtion of “Do You Know the Way to San Jose?” come over the sound system.
    I’m sure our fellow mourners thought we were overcome with grief when we had to abruptly excuse ourselves to howl in the hall. My grand-dad would have loved that sound mixup!

12. NT says:

Thanks for this, Brad.

13. Tammie Willis McGoldrick says:

I have yet to make any sense of what happened that week. It just seems like a dream lost in the fog.

Your dad was a special person. That way from day one with him. As I looked at the crowed that came to pay their last respects it struck me – what a man he was. Even more than I thought. Look how many lives he touched, and I’m sure that was just a simple drop in the bucket.

You must be so proud to be able to call yourself his son. Even more than I am to call myself his sister.

Even though this story was about the insane mistake(s) from that, it was a beautiful story. Followed by beautiful words written by your friends.

Hugs to you Brad.

14. John Jeter says:

Brilliant. You are an amazing man.

1. December 30, 2014

[…] death over the past few years, and 2014 wasn’t much different. When Dad looked at the sky and Mistakes both fell under that heading despite coming from two entirely different parts of me. Mr. Andy, a […]