Brought up on Sin City

1. Wes says:

“Are your friends coming over to play poker?”
    “Yes they are.”
    “Can I play?”
    “You can watch for a little bit before you have to go to bed.”
    “I know how to play.”
    “You do? How do you play?”
    “You stack your chips as high as they can go. Whoever makes the hight stack without it falling over wins.”
    “You’re exactly right.”

We also had the hair on the arm conversation this week. It will be these conversations we will remember in the teen years when they are striving to ignore our presence as much as possible.

2. cc says:

Welcome home, and enjoy the time with your family!

3. ExMember says:

Isn’t your son quoting last verse from “Cats in the Cradle”?

4. Strawberry Shortcake says:

You’re so blessed to have such a beautiful family! 🙂

5. MGM says:

Upon reading this post, I had this flashing memory of a conversation between us one day long long in the past….

A I remember it, I was stumped that you could be so seemingly unaffected or even practically oblivious over something that I was quite upset about, and something that I thought you needed to be upset about as well (funny that I remember all that detail and yet do not remember what the “something” was). At any rate, I remember quizzing you about how you could possibly be so seemingly unaffected when I was so desperately distraught (I’ve always erred a bit on the dramatic side, myself). You said something to the effect that when you don’t want to think about something that would otherwise be upsetting, you just think of Bullwinkle.

Oh please please tell me that this conversation really did happen between us, because otherwise I will feel just a tad foolish that I ever brought it up.

Bullwinkle?

Looks like the truth is finally coming out. He is really Rocket J. Squirrel. Like him, a bit of a wimp at times. But, the nicest one you know! And, like him, never frustrated with the cast of characters around him.

I can’t tell you how much I wait for the day that Wyatt joins in our poker game.

Proud papa indeed.