Much atwitter about nothing

1. Pauly says:

Interesting things of note…

1. I was named after Paul Newman.

2. “Utah! Get me two!”

2. Erika says:

As you feel about twitter, I feel about blogs. I just don’t get it, but eveyone seems to be doing it. I have not acquiesced, and remain the in the coffee shops engaged in interpersonal conversation with an actual person, which, i fear, is soon to become a lost art. As you all will communicate in 140-character bursts with faceless, nick-named entities, I will be at the coffee shop, sipping over-priced, sugar and fat laden caffienated beverages and talking to people with names given to them by their parents and laughing – loudly. Come see me.

And I LOVE Keanu. I never noticed he wasn’t acting.

3. coderkevin says:

I still haven’t figured out if twitter is for mundane life journaling (e.g. “Going to bed now” and “Eating pizza at my favorite spot”) or if it should be used for more philosophical purposes. I’d like to see a survey on why people twitter and why they enjoy reading other peoples twitters?

4. I love this post! Twitter, while useful on many fronts, is filled with so much hype across marketing industries, it’s like the movie Speed…. what a let down. 🙂 Great stuff!

Maria Reyes-McDavis
    Social Marketing with Impact

5. iggy says:

well hell, since a few of the above quotes are mine, allow me to restate, as i told pauly, “Twitter is useless & a waste of time.”

but it sure beats those uber posts.

6. Jim The Knife says:

I told him weeks ago that Twitter was a giant waste of time.
    Ditto for Facebook.
    Kids like it for quick hit fun…… I miss the point..

7. Aaron says:

So first you talk about a drug you don’t use, and now we get a post about a drug you do you use. Is this some weird 12 step program, or are you working your way to Easter by talking about the 7 deadly sins? You have hit the modern equivalent of gluttony; I want to hear about the wrath, envy, sloth, and lust in the next couple of posts.

8. April says:

Yet another shining example of why I love you. I’m sending this to my entire office.

9. Da Goddess says:

I. hate. Twitter. I don’t see the need for every business to suddenly need to tweet over their latest bowel movement or merger.

Paul Newman it ain’t. Damn right.

By the way, you can follow my latest ramble by checking out my non-twitterpated website. That’s about as current as I get.

10. MagsMac says:

Use it or don’t use it, as long as you don’t expect the second coming to be preceded by a “@believers I’m on my way.”

Love it!