Cracking the comments code

1. Julius_Goat says:

I can’t believe nobody blamed the Oompa Loompas. Those little orange bastards are ruining the Greatest Country In The History Of Everything Ever.

When will we improve wardrobe security between our country and Narnia?

2. John Boyanoski says:

Hot Ladys available now in u market. NOT a SCAm. Is True. These women are single and looking for man. Or maybe woman. This spambot not judge. It is 2011. Why live in past. Where was I, oh yeah, my not a scam. They have webcams. Very Nice. You Like. Go look now. No worry. NO Scam. Npoo virus. You friends is there now. They get best woman. You lose. Hurry. No Fail. Superman and Tom Cruise big fans too. http://www.holycrudpleasefallforthisIamstarvingandthebadmenhavemycow.com.

3. RIggstad says:

The comments and circumstance of this whole article spanks of what isw wrong in America today… FOCUS…

4. RIggstad says:

…or lack there of

5. Bracelet says:

From Kwame to 25% high school graduation to miles and miles of vacant, crumbling structures to more wig shops than places to buy fresh food to misguided efforts like saving shitty tiger stadium while neglecting public parks to the closing and abandonment of too many schools to count to a million other problems.

Oh Detroit, I miss you so little sometimes.

6. RedxBranch says:

this has nothing to do with your post but I would like to get on the list to be able to read “The Bracelet’s” blog…..

7. Damien Burke says:

I’m guessing that most of the comment moderation has been automated. Computers can easily filter out external links and “nigger” but cannot recognize xenophobia, racism, class-deluded ignorance, and “n!ggers.”

In defense of the general public I would speculate that most of the comments on a large-market news story come from trolls. These are people who have the goal of annoying and offending and are drawn to places they can have a large audience. They almost certainly don’t actually believe what they say, and even if they did they represent an extraordinarily small segment of the population.

That’s a fairly well-reasoned response, Damien. I’m not sure I entirely agree about it being a very small part of the population, but agree with the rest.

9. Bracelet says:

Hey Redxbranch!

I have a new url. Actually, it’s my 800th new url. Had to shut two down because work people found it and then had some weird thing where some “stranger” set up a site for me to blog again, so I did, then as either a joke or because this stranger is unbalanced they turned it private and locked me and everyone else out of it. Weird. And dumb. As if I can’t start another blog somewhere for free with minimal effort, or something. It’s a long dumb story.

Anyhow, long dumb story short if you go to http://www.mytgod.com you can read the innermost thoughts of the Bracelet. It doesn’t have everything I’ve written, by far, but it has the latest and should have the futurest. (It’s totally a word)

10. Wolfshead says:

Speaking of comment moderation I went on the Should Trump Run site and left a comment that was a bit “disparaging” on his attempted candidacy. It was the third comment listed a couple weeks ago. I find that while there is a whole list of comments encouraging his candidacy listed after mine that my comment is still “awaiting moderation”. How long does it take to read 4-5 lines?