Welcome to the neighborhood

1. April Henry says:

Soooo, when’s the next “event”? Jonah and I would like a field trip soon and he has never seen a firetruck in action.(laughing to myself)Oh, and thanks for the fingerprint thing. If I’m ever in an uncomfortable situation, I will puts my hands all over everything just in case I need to be tied to a place. The true test of how the neighbors feel about their new neighbors is how many “for sale” signs go up in the hear future. Glad you’re making your mark in your new digs!

You are the neighbor I stare at through my blinds whilst I tut-tut disapprovingly. Kidding! I’d be like those guys in Bachelor Party – FIRETRUCK!!!!

3. laura says:

OMG, I love to read your stories ! Thanks for making my Monday morning a little bit better. 🙂

Because, you know, she never does anything stupid.
    Two words: Mrs. Otis

Actually, nice to hear of poor Otis encountering travails. I had fears that that Brad guy had killed him.

5. Susan says:

We all do stupid things. My latest was finding out what happens when you leave a burner on and leave a glass lid on top of said burner. If you don’t know – it gets really hot and explodes into lots of tiny pieces of glass.

I haven’t done that Susan, but I did leave the burner on and put down the plastic top to a food processor (which doesn’t shatter, but melts really, really well).

7. Astin says:

Whew, glad you never made that move to Canada. My property taxes are high enough without having to pay for more firefighters.

At least you know your alarm works. My smoke detector goes off and nobody calls to check. Which is probably good since it goes off you roast coffee, or flip over a ribeye.

8. Alicia says:

Love your blog stories Brad! Years ago, fire trucks showed up at our house because of a persistent burning smell that turned out to be a small plastic Glow worm that my younger brother had strategically placed on a light bulb inside a lamp so that it would “glow brighter”.

9. Tony says:

Otis I love your BLOG. Can always relate to your posts. Biggest complaint is you should post more often. Keep up the good writing!

10. G-Rob says: