Father’s Day 2012

1. Lee Jones says:

What always strikes me about your writing is how you say things that I feel and don’t even recognize. And yet when I read them, they ring 100% true.

Thank you again for telling your stories.

Regards, Lee

2. Mary Ann says:

How this made me wipe tears from my eyes, I can’t explain. But, it did. Happy Father’s Day, Brad.

3. Michael Reed says:

I have yet to remove the announcement for my Dad’s funeral from the sun visor in my car, it’s been three years since he passed. It stays there and I don’t know when or if I ever plan on removing it. Thanks for sharing some of the memories and your feelings on this day.

4. gobbomom says:

man, that was really nice. Exceptionally nice. My Dad is dying- this is his last Father’s Day- and I’ll never see him laugh again. It’s funny, the card I gave him today said I wished him whatever would make him smile. I hope you give your kids lots of smiles today. Happy Father’s Day.

5. Brian Yarborough says:

Quality writing from a quality human being. I too wiped tears from my eyes, partially from your story and partially because my father is 4 years into his diagnosis of multiple myloma. It’s sobering to know you have time left and still want to make it as wonderful as possible. I want to make the time amazing not only for myself, but for my kids too because my dad is the greatest man I’ve ever met. I want them to know the man who raised their father so if I ever do anything great for them, they know where the proper credit belongs. Thanks again Brad and have a very happy Fathers Day. Your kids are truly blessed to have the father they have, friend.

6. Pauly says:

Happy Father’s Day!

7. BigMike says:

Happy Father’s Day! Today’s post was sublime. Thanks for continuing to write. Your writing often helps me to understand my feelings more clearly.

8. Eleanor says:

Beautiful. Thank you for continuing to write so honestly.

Happy Father’s Day.

9. A good friend but not your best friend says:

Joy and I appreciate your writing. What a gift you have to put thoughts into words that have a unique ability to touch people. Thanks so much.

10. Cindy Willis says:

Loved your Dad so much and I will ALWAYS remember him with that red-faced laugh.