The people you know at Christmastime

Brad Willis · Published · Updated

1. francie says:

Sigh, one day, I will remember not to read your posts in public.
    Thank you! Xx

2. Simone says:

I am always touched by your writing. You have an amazing way with words. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

3. emme says:

One love

4. K Nielsen says:

Your post awakened so many Christmas memories of me with my huge extended family, most of whom are long gone at this point. Except for a few notable exceptions (the magic kit, the dollhouse, Malibu Barbie, my first walkman) the gifts are largely forgotten, but the people who gathered and Lord, what we ATE and how we laughed – that’s what I’m missing today. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

5. NT says:

Merry Christmas to you too, Brad! Thanks for sharing so much of yourself with us.

6. Carol Goldsmith says:

I remember the first time I took my daughter to see the Holiday Lights. She was about two years old, and thought it was a great adventure to be out late at night looking at the twinkling, glittery wonderland. She was even excited about the unlit places. She would lean out the window, and yell “Hello, dark!” Over the years it sort of became a rallying cry of sorts, a kind of defiant stand against anything unfamiliar or slightly scary or…just plain dark. “Hello, dark!!” It think of it on this day of light in the darkness. “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.”

1. December 30, 2014

[…] Also, as is my wont, there was unabashed navel-gazing. I used to be ashamed by the practice, but anymore it’s just who I am. Mom’s pencil is some explanation for how I ended up doing this in the first place. Threadbare troubadour is my admission that 30 years of playing guitar and singing has only made me want to do it more. Finally, there was this Christmas carol to the people who make me understand how good I have it in life, The people you know at Christmastime. […]